Highland Park Cemetery Memorials
Park Built To Provide Interment Alternative To Downtown
In 1900, then Cleveland Mayor Tom L. Johnson saw a need for expanded burial space outside the downtown region. Erie Street Cemetery was limited in space availability, thus land was acquired to develop Highland Park.
The burial park is located within the Village of Highland Hills, and is operated by the City of Cleveland. The team at Kotecki Family Memorials continues to provide design and installation of Highland Park Cemetery memorials as they have for the past century.
The cemetery’s receiving vault also serves nearby Cleveland Memorial Gardens. Both facilities house the final resting place to many officials, athletes, and community notables from the past 100 years.
Highland Park Cemetery
Kotecki Family Memorials
3636 Pearl Road, Cleveland
Contact: Edward Kotecki IV
Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards
With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including Highland Park Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.
Serving City Of Cleveland
Highland Park Cemetery
- Highland Hills, Ohio
Established in 1904, Highland Park added a mausoleum, and crematorium over two decades later in 1926. The two buildings were known to be the first such facilities municipally-owned and operated in the United States.
- Street Address: 21400 Chagrin Boulevard
- City: Highland Hills, Ohio
- County: Cuyahoga
- Established: 1904
- Memorials: 113,642 *
Helpful Links For Creating A Custom Memorial With Kotecki
HIGHLAND PARK CEMETERY LINKS:
Below are links to notable memorials or reference material:
- MEMORIAL : Luke Easter – Cleveland Professional Baseball Legend.
- MEMORIAL : Joe Seneca – Cleveland-born, American Movie Actor, R & B Musician.
- MEMORIAL : Harrison Harney – Police Detective – Investigated Kingsbury Run Murders – Sheppard Murder Case.
- MEMORIAL : Steve Nagy – Founding Member, Professional Bowlers Association.
- MEMORIAL : George Hoadley – In 1846, Elected Cleveland Mayor For Two Terms.
OTHER LOCAL CEMETERIES: