Lakeview Cemetery Memorials
Kotecki Founder Works As Stonecutter On Garfield Memorial
In 1890, The James A. Garfield Memorial was under construction at Lakeview Cemetery. The building was the final resting place of the 22nd US President. Garfield was born in Moreland Hills, and was assassinated just four months in office. Journeyman stonecutter Joseph Kotecki began his family’s legacy in Cleveland as he worked on the presidential national memorial. The monument displays gold mosaics, colored marble, stained glass windows and red granite columns.
Today, Lakeview is best known as the final resting place for many of Cleveland’s iconic residents – political officials, business owners and industrialists, actors, civic leaders to name a few.
With over 110,000 memorials, the cemetery has celebrated its 150th Year of service.
Kotecki Family Memorials
3636 Pearl Road, Cleveland
Contact: Edward Kotecki IV
Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards
With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including Cleveland’s historic Lakeview Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.
Kotecki Family Service.
This garden-style cemetery covers nearly 300 acres and is outlined by nine miles of roadway. The legacy within the grounds and memorials makes this unique facility a leading visitor destination in Cleveland.
- Street Address: 12316 Euclid Avenue
- City: Cleveland, Ohio
- County: Cuyahoga
- Established: 1869
- Memorials: 110,808 *
Helpful Links For Creating A Custom Memorial With Kotecki
CLEVELAND'S LAKEVIEW CEMETERY LINKS:
Below are links to notable memorials or reference material:
- Lakeview Cemetery Homepage – FindAGrave.com
- MEMORIAL: James Abram Garfield – 20th US President – Assassinated in 1881.
- MEMORIAL: Eliot Ness – Cleveland Safety Director – Famed Treasury Officer – Took Down Al Capone.
- MEMORIAL: Raymond “Ray” Chapman – Cleveland Indian – Died 1920 – Hit By Pitch.
- MEMORIAL: Alan Freed – Hall Of Fame Disc Jockey – “The Father Of Rock And Roll”.
- MEMORIAL: Ernest Roland Ball – Hall Of Fame Songwriter – “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling”.
OTHER LOCAL CEMETERIES:
- CLEVELAND MEMORIAL GARDENS – Highland Hills, Ohio
- EVERGREEN MEMORIAL PARK CEMETERY – Bedford Heights, Ohio
- RIVERSIDE CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio
- ST. THEODOSIUS CEMETERY – Brooklyn, Ohio
- WEST PARK CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio