Spring Grove Cemetery Memorials
Historic Landmark Of Medina's Post Civil War Period
Governed by a board of families with early Medina descendants memorialized at the cemetery, Spring Grove opened in 1883. It connects today’s small suburban city with it’s early days as a developing rural region.
The cemetery is located at the intersection of Weymouth Road (Route 3) and East Washington Street (Route 18). A small chapel is available and may be used for burial ceremonies.
With over 9,500 memorials, the cemetery represents a historic and growing period following the post-civil war era of Medina County. Among those memorialized include Harrison Gray Otis Blake, a Civil War Union Army Officer and member of the United States Congress.
Spring Grove Cemetery
Kotecki Family Memorials
127 West Smith Road, Medina
Contact: Pamela Doss
Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards
With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including Spring Grove Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.
Spring Grove Cemetery - Medina, Ohio
This cemetery was established in the late 1800s as part of the country’s rural cemetery movement during the post Civil War period. It has been renovated including restoration of the chapel built in 1884.
- Street Address: 115 North Spring Grove Street
- City: Medina, Ohio
- County: Medina
- Established: 1883
- Memorials: 9,614 *
Helpful Links For Creating A Custom Memorial With Kotecki
SPRING GROVE CEMETERY LINKS:
Below are links to notable memorials or reference material:
Spring Grove Cemetery Homepage – FindAGrave.com
- MEMORIAL : Harrison Gray Otis Blake – 1818-1876 – US Congressman and Union Civil War Officer
- MEMORIAL : John William Brown – 1913-1993 – Medina’s Mayor In 1950 and Ohio Governor
- MEMORIAL : Fremont Orestes Phillips – 1856-1936 – Early Medina Mayor, Probate Judge, and US Representative
OTHER LOCAL CEMETERIES:
- MAPLE HILL CEMETERY – Hinckley, Ohio
- POE CEMETERY – Montville Township, Ohio
- NORTH ROYALTON CEMETERY – North Royalton, Ohio
- ST. MARTIN OF TOURS CEMETERY – Valley City, Ohio
- STRONGSVILLE CEMETERY – Strongsville, Ohio
- WOODLAWN CEMETERY – Wadsworth, Ohio
- WOODVALE CEMETERY – Middleburg Heights, Ohio