West Park Cemetery Memorials
Cleveland's Largest Interment Location On The City's Westside
Opened in 1900, West Park Cemetery is among the largest active memorial grounds operated by the City of Cleveland. Kotecki Family Memorials is available to provide families a custom memorial to adorn their loved one’s gravesite.
The cemetery is located in the southwest region nearby Cleveland’s Brookside Park Reservation on Ridge Road. It is also adjacent to historic Jewish park – Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery.
With nearly 50,000 memorials, the cemetery represents a historic setting within the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County. Among those memorialized include Major League Baseball Players Albert “Lefty” Aber, a pitcher with both the Cleveland Indians and Detroit Tigers, and Ed Seward, an MLB pitcher with the Cleveland Spiders.
Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards
With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including West Park Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.
West Park Cemetery - Cleveland, Ohio
This cemetery was opened in 1900 to serve the westside community of Cleveland. It currently serves as one of the most active burial sites within the city. In total, the park covers 127 acres.
- Street Address: 3942 Ridge Road
- City: Cleveland, Ohio
- County: Cuyahoga
- Established: 1900
- Memorials: 51,559 *
Helpful Links For Creating A Custom Memorial With Kotecki
WEST PARK CEMETERY LINKS:
Below are links to notable memorials or reference material:
- MEMORIAL : Albert “Lefty” Aber – 1927-1993 – Pitcher with Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers.
- MEMORIAL : Ed Seward – 1867-1947 – Pitched final season with Cleveland Spiders in 1891.
OTHER LOCAL CEMETERIES:
- CLEVELAND MEMORIAL GARDENS – Highland Hills, Ohio
- LAKEWOOD PARK CEMETERY – Rocky River
- LAKEVIEW CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio
- LUTHERAN CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio
- MAPLE SHADE CEMETERY – Independence, Ohio
- RIVERSIDE CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio
- ST. THEODOSIUS CEMETERY – Brooklyn, Ohio