St. Teresa Catholic Cemetery Memorials

Local Parish Serves Families Of Faith In Lorain County

According to historical publications, St. Teresa’s congregation would not confirm their facilities were complete without a church cemetery. Initially people were buried in front of the church. In 1853, an acre of land was bought from John Miller and St. Teresa Catholic Cemetery was established. In 1917 another acre was purchased from C. C. and Elizabeth Kelling and added to the first parcel.

The cemetery is located beside the church on the northwest corner of Abbe Road and Colorado Ave. The park is managed by St. Teresa Of Avila Parish. Kotecki’s team of memorialists are knowledgeable and available to discuss monument options and regulations.

Kotecki Family Memorials has provided markers and monuments in Lorain County and throughout Northeast Ohio for over 125 years.

St. Teresa Cemetery
Memorials Contact:

Kotecki Family Memorials
3636 Pearl Road, Cleveland
Showroom Hours:
MON-FRI:  9am-5pm
SAT:  9am-3pm

Contact: Edward Kotecki IV

Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards

With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including Lorain County’s St. Teresa Catholic Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.

St. Teresa
Lorain County's
Memorial Park
Over 900 Memorial Markers
Five Generations Of Kotecki Family Service.
Previous slide
Next slide

St. Teresa Catholic Cemetery
- Sheffield, Ohio


With it’s first burial in 1833, St. Teresa Catholic Church represented many of the early settlers and immigrants to the area. Graves were once positioned near the front of the church. In 1853, land was purchased to establish the cemetery.

  • Street Address: 1878 Abbe Road
  • City: Sheffield, Ohio
  • County: Lorain
  • Established: 1833
  • Memorials: 900 *