Riverside Cemetery Memorials
US "Centennial" Marks Beginning Of Historic Westside Cemetery
On Saturday, November 11, 1876, the official dedication ceremony was held for Riverside Cemetery. Having been elected US President the week earlier, Governor Rutherford B. Hayes was on hand to recognize the event.
Occupying over 102 acres in land, Riverside marked the first major-sized burial park west of the Cuyahoga River. The original sandstone chapel sits prominently on the grounds and is available for rent.
With over 43,000 memorials, the cemetery is part of Cleveland’s Brooklyn Centre neighborhood. Both the chapel and gatehouse are Nationally Registered historic buildings.
Memorial Designs, Specifications And Standards
With a 125-year history, Kotecki Family Memorials has a long legacy as both a partner and provider of custom community memorials. The work of five generations of family members is well represented throughout the Northeast Ohio area including Cleveland’s historic Riverside Cemetery. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in the cemetery’s standards for memorial styles, granite colors, monument inscriptions, and gravesite preservation.
Resting place of many Greater Cleveland industrialists, political, cultural, and economic leaders. Historic monuments, gatehouse, and chapel highlight this city landmark founded in 1876.
- Street Address: 3607 Pearl Road
- City: Cleveland, Ohio
- County: Cuyahoga
- Established: 1876
- Memorials: 43,090 *
Helpful Links For Creating A Custom Memorial With Kotecki
CLEVELAND'S RIVERSIDE CEMETERY LINKS:
Below are links to notable memorials or reference material:
- Riverside Cemetery Homepage – FindAGrave.com
- MEMORIAL: James Ford Rhodes – Businessman, Historian, and Pulitzer Prize Winner.
- MEMORIAL: Dr. William Thomas Corlett – Physician, Brought the First X-Ray Machine to Cleveland.
- MEMORIAL: Robert Lockwood Jr. – Guitarist, Singer – Recipient of National Blues Music Awards.
- MEMORIAL: Avery Hopwood – Playwright – Wrote Many Successful Broadway Plays.
OTHER LOCAL CEMETERIES:
- CALVARY CEMETERY – Cleveland, Ohio
- HOLY CROSS CEMETERY – Brook Park, Ohio